Tuesday 28 March 2017

Toastmasters 1 - Grammarian goal acheived

Well  today task invovled my first role at toastmasters.


For those that do not know toastmasters here is a link explaining it in more detail - http://toastmasterclub.org/portal.php?marknow=0

But the basics is that it is a club for improving your listening, speaking, communication and leadership skills.


Tonight I was a grammarian.  This invovled me selecting a word of the day - Lodestar, which I had not heard of before.

This was an intriguing word - basically it was a noun meaning that it was someone or something that you use as a guiding principle, ambition or model and I felt it went down very well.

I also kept lots of notes on the speakers tonight which were very good language wise and I felt it was a fantastic performance.

The only critiscims I got were that sometimes I was a bit nervous, but felt that this will disapper with time.


So long, thanks for reading and shall be back soon I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment