Thursday 12 May 2016

Daily Challenge 1 - Overcome desire to stay in bed after 6.

Well today, I decided to take on a new challenge to wake up at 6.00am, instead of 6.30-7ish, known to me and my wife as get out of bed you lazy so and so.

So to prepare, I did a number of things here.

1.  I set my alarm (bit obvious but hey part of the task) for 6.00am
2.  I took up a glass of water to drink when awoke.  I also placed it in front of the alarm to make it more difficult for me to just hit off on it ( made it more difficult to be lazy)
3.  I went on upstairs earlier, went up at 11.00, instead of around 12 -3ish which had been my previous shameful target before. (Preparing night before vital to help here).

So how did day one go

I heard the alarm and nearly dozed  off but hannah nudged me awake (my wife incase wondering).  Then I got up and drank the water and alarm off.  I felt fine despite a little dozy from dreaming here.

Then with that success, went on downstairs and went to use computer,  Here did some work on novel 1 - sci fi about memory instead of money, revising after took caffeine pill stuff, to help stay awake with some water.  Felt good as had been behind on the novel front for ages and nice to start day with sense of achievement.

Then after that did some work on novel 2 Science and self help, although time constraints a bit tricky but hey it worked so far.

Then after that took herbs and spices have a range of them starting up with rosemary, oregano, all the way to cayenne.  After that some honey then nuts and seeds for breakfast here.

So far so good got a lot done downstairs.  However there was more to come.  I now did some light exercise, which I had never had time to do before so that worked out well with some sit ups, push ups using weights and also mix lifts using legs and arms here.

Later on went to give wife nice backrub, then showered after floss, listerine and brushing teeth.  Then shaving and showered - nice and refreshing while listening to daily youtube video - this time charles duhigg about habits.

Later on left for work and listening to wonderful ted talk on gene box - terrifying but this is outweighed by the amazing good this work potentially can do.

So train listening to music - my life stuff to get into zone before going to head to lab.

This can go on but basically

1.  Day far more productive thanks to up early
2.  Felt much better as well
3.  Exercise in morning was useful here
4.  Plan to use this for new challenge for tomorrow

Until then signing off Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment